Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge is back for a 5th consecutive year – more badass than ever!
This epic event will take place August 9th and 10th, so mark your calendars because you won’t want to miss it!
This is the traditional kick-off to southeast Michigan’s week-long celebration of classic cars and car culture. The event is growing even bigger this year with the addition of Friday night activities, while bringing back legal street drag racing that will lay some rubber down on the iconic Woodward Avenue pavement on Saturday. This year’s event is set to deliver more high-octane horsepower and excitement than ever before. Participants can expect exhilarating thrill rides in the 717-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat and the 707-horsepower Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat models, more participants in the celebrity showdown races, and an overall $40,000 purse with $10,000 going toward United Way.
With the addition of Friday night activities, fans will meet the drivers of some of the fastest street-legal drag cars in America and watch historic Woodward Avenue transform from a street into a drag strip. On Saturday, drag racing returns with two classes, Big Tire and Small Tire, competing for a cash purse of $30,000. As part of the overall $40,000 purse, $10,000 will be awarded to United Way. Both drag racing classes will have the same payout structure with $15,000 as the total purse per class:
- Winner – $5,000
- Runner Up – $1,500
- Semi Finalists – $750 (2 payouts)
- Quarter Finalists – $500 (4 payouts)
- Fastest Dodge-Powered Vehicle – $5,000
This year will be jam packed with celebrities participating in showdown races and battling it out down Woodward Avenue for bragging rights.
- Leah Pritchett in her Dodge/Mopar® Top Fuel Dragster and Matt Hagan in his Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Funny Car will once again heat up the pavement on Woodard Avenue
- David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan, co-hosts of MotorTrend’s hugely popular series Roadkill
- Chris Jacobs of MotorTrend’s Overhaulin’ will emcee the activities, while Brian Lohnes of the NHRA will emcee the drag races
- Additional industry celebrity attendees include Cristy Lee and Bogi Lateiner of All Girl’s Garage; Bill Carlton of Texas Metal; Joe Martin, Amanda Martin and Jayson “Shag” Arrington of Iron Resurection; Dave Kindig and Kevin Schiele of Bitchin Rides; and Jared Zimmerman and Lou Santiago of Car Fix
“Roadkill Nights truly brings the thrill of finger-clenching, top-speed drag racing to life on Woodward Avenue, which is why we love to bring this event to our Roadkill fans,” Freiburger said. “Going on our fifth year, we’re adding activities on Friday night so there’s more time for everyone — drag racers, families, foodies and anyone who is looking to have a great day or evening filled with unparalleled fun at an iconic location.”
Gates are open for Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge on Friday, August 9th, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Drift thrill rides will also be available from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. On Saturday, August 10th, gates are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. with Dodge Thrill Rides taking place from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and drag racing beginning at 11 a.m.
Roadkill Nights Registration Information
General admission to the event is $10 per person, per day; $5 per person for Pontiac residents ($5 price available on-site only). Children 12 years and under are free. Two-day passes area available for $20.
Street racing can have serious legal and safety risks. Both Roadkill and Dodge want enthusiasts to enjoy performance driving in a safe, controlled environment, run by professionals with vehicle safety inspections, driver evaluations and track safety.