Muscle car season is in full swing and Dodge is continuing the 50th anniversary celebration of the Dodge Challenger with a new 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition and a new color option.
Not limited in production, everyone has a chance to join in the 50th anniversary celebration with the Commemorative Edition, which is available on the 2020 model-year Challenger R/T, R/T Scat Pack and R/T Scat Pack Widebody models.
The Celebration Continues with Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
With its heritage design, unmatched power and everyday livability, the Challenger is a true GT car and every bit as beloved and relevant to today’s consumer as the first generation was 50 years ago. The 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition features select limited-edition 50th anniversary touches, including:
- Satin Black hand-painted hood and black-wrapped roof and decklid
- Model-specific fender badges and “Challenger 50th Anniversary” grille and spoiler badges in “Gold School” finish
- Illuminated Air Catcher headlamps with LED-illuminated “50” logos
- Satin Black fuel-filler door with heritage “FUEL” lettering
- Satin Back “DODGE” tail lamp badge
- Instrument panel (IP) badge with “Challenger50” logo
- “Gold School” wheels are also featured on the Commemorative Edition:
- 20-inch by 9-inch on Challenger R/T models
- 20-inch by 9.5-inch on Challenger R/T Scat Pack models; optional on R/T models with Performance Plus Group
- 20-inch by 11-inch on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody model
The Commemorative Edition features Gunmetal brake color when fitted with Brembo brakes, available on R/T, standard on R/T Scat Pack and R/T Scat Pack Widebody.
Featuring a throwback-inspired interior with 50th anniversary details, the Commemorative Edition invokes a sense of nostalgia in the modern, athletic cockpit of the Challenger. Inside, the Commemorative Edition features:
- Heated and ventilated Nappa leather and Alcantara suede performance seats with sepia accent stitching and embroidered “50” logo seat backs
- Alcantara door bolsters with sepia accent stitching
- Real carbon fiber IP and console bezels with a copper weave
- Sepia accent stitch on the IP, door panels and armrest, center console lid, seat faces and the leather, flat-bottom steering wheel
- White-faced gauges with yellow accents
- Startup animation Electronic Vehicle Information Center screen showcasing 1970 Challenger
- Premium berber floor mats with an embroidered “50” logo
While the Challenger 50th Anniversary Limited Edition is available in all of Dodge’s high-impact color options, the Commemorative Edition palette is available only in Smoke Show (new), Granite, Indigo Blue, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Triple Nickel and White Knuckle.
The Commemorative Edition package has a starting U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $4,995. Dealer orders are now open for 2020 Dodge Challenger models, including the 50th Anniversary Edition. Orders for the Commemorative Edition open in June. Vehicles are scheduled to start arriving in Dodge//SRT® dealerships this fall.
|Vehicle||Commemorative Edition Option U.S. MSRP|
|Challenger R/T Scat Pack||$5,495|
|Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody||$11,495 (includes $6,000 Widebody Package)|
Note: All prices exclude $1,495 destination charge.